Curing the soaps means I cut the loaf and place the slices on a rack that allows good air flow. Most soaps take 4-6 weeks to cure or longer depending how much liquid oil is in the bar. If a bar is made with 100% olive oil called a castile bar it will take 6 months to cure.
The cure time allows two things to happen. First, the water, beer or aloe vera juice in the bar slowly evaporates which causes the bar to become hard. A hard bar will last much longer than a soft bar that hasn’t cured long enough. Secondly, curing allows the bar to become a gentler bar. Every week that bar cures adds a whole new level of gentleness.
How to Care for your Bar of Soap
- Do not let your soap get soggy.
- Keep your soap away form the direct shower stream.
- Keep it well drained between uses.
- Use a ridged or self draining soap dish.
- Keep unused bars in a cool, dry place. A linen closet will do.
- Use within 1 year. Enjoy!